Monday, May 21, 2012

God will meet your needs

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19
You know this verse, right? If you have been in church very much, it's one we like to quote a lot. It's a good staple verse to keep in our christian pocket to keep us encouraged. Today, I was going to share this verse with you and tell you about how God is faithful and he is supplying our needs. But, I wanted to make sure I was getting it all right, so I started reading the context of this verse. I was really surprised and encouraged by what I found. In this verse, Paul is writing to the church about their giving to his missions work. He is applauding them for being the only ones who gave to him when no one else would. He says in verse 16, "for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need." Then, he says in verse 18, "I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent." Because his supporters were faithful, Paul had all he needed. But here comes our verse in 19. " And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Paul is telling them, because they have given, God will meet all THEIR needs. The supporters will have all their needs met. How exciting is that? So, I thought this verse was for me today, but it's not. Its for you. I am excited to share with you, like Paul shared with his supporters, My God will meet all your needs. Thank you so much to those of you who continue to encourage us through prayer and support. This journey truly is a team effort. Together, we are going to impact children and their families in Guatemala for Christ. Changing the nations for Generations

No comments:

Post a Comment