Monday, July 9, 2012

Books, Makeup & Tea time, Oh My!

Have you every been to a purse auction? I went to my first one a couple of years ago and I was hooked! Ladies donate purses filled with various items and then they are auctioned off to raise money for a given cause. I had so much fun that it was the first fundraising idea that came to mind for our trip to Guatemala. I have been asking everyone to donate their purses filled with any type of items to the auction. So far, I have collected purses filled with christian books, jewelry, beach gear, assorted teas, scrapbooking items, etc. There are some really creative ones in there! I have had a hard time not going through every single one. We will be holding our auction in the fall, the date is still to be determined. I am still, however, collecting purses, and wallets as well. The men do not have to feel left out. I need about 25 more purses to be donated. If you are a lady who does not carry a purse or carries them til they fall apart, you can help by filling a purse. I have several purses that have been donated but are empty.  If you  have a purse or item you would like to donate, just let me know. 

I am looking very forward to the auction. Mr. Michael Skyles is going to fulfill his dream of being an auctioneer for the evening. We are going to serve snacks and it will be a great time of fun and fellowship as we let the bidding wars begin for a great cause. 

Have you ever won an item at an auction? Or have you ever been outbid on something you really wanted? Share your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment