Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The big announcement

Yesterday I (Shannon) made the public announcement about leaving my REGO-FIX. There were many looks of shock and awe in the room. I don't think anyone in the room was expecting me to say I was leaving.
I got some really interesting responses from my coworkers. The people who I thought would be excited for me actually seemed to think I was making a mistake. The person I figured would have the most negative comments was actually encouraging. You never know how people are going to respond. It reminds me that you cannot lean on the opinions of people, or even our own emotions.
As my critics advised me to stay in my safe environment, I was only more encouraged to take the bull by the horns. I was empowered to know in that moment that we were making the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment